Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Xcelsius 2008


Xcelsius 2008 is the software that integrated with Excel. It has dynamic and customizable data visualization that enables users of different skill levels to create insightful and engaging dashboards from any data source with point-and-click ease. Xcelsius 2008 is making it easier than ever to put the power of relevant intelligent information into the hands of business users.

I am so satisfied with this software. It helps a lot with my work especially with the CEOs. My CEOs have problem with seeing lots of data, short span of attention and short span of memory are their chronic illness since they sat on top management [I guess we all do when we're in their position], they just want to point and click to know what happen in the company. This software is an answer to that.

Unfortunately, not every kind of analysis and modelling can be put in Xcelsius. Usually I only use Xcelsius when I have reports that already have standard format, my job is only to update it regularly.

The list of appropriate use for this software are:

1. the KPI dashboard of every divisions or business units.

2. the Sales performance reviews by branches, regions, products.

3. the Financial performance reviews

4. Profitability Analysis

5. The budget vs actual reviews on expense, sales, profit, etc.


view demo [you must have flash player installed in web browser]